The Apple Valley Freedom Days Committee is planning its annual parade. We hope to make this a special event. We would like to take this opportunity to invite your business or organizations to help us celebrate.
The parade will be on July 4th stepping off at 1:00pm. Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each category. You will be judged according to category by community judges. See the enclosed sheet.
The parade is approximately one mile. We start on the south end of town at Fireside Lane and go north to 145th St. and then west to the Apple Valley High School.
You will receive a final parade packet on or around the 27th of June which will give you a line-up number, map and parade instructions.
Please complete these steps to participate in the Apple Valley Freedom Days Parade by June 20th.
- Print and fill out either the Parade Participation Form or the Political Participation Form, along with the filing fee, if it applies.
- Read the parade rules below.
- Print & sign the waiver form.
- Send application and payment to:
Apple Valley Freedom Days
14870 Granada Ave
Apple Valley, MN 55124Make checks payable to “Apple Valley Freedom Days”
- The parade will be limited to approximately 100 units. The purpose of the parade is entertainment, and we would appreciate all units decorating their unit in the spirit of the day.
- No squirt guns, water balloons, or any other water spraying devices of any kind will be allowed. No roller blades, bikes, strollers, or kiddie riders.
- Hand-outs such as flyers, brochures, or coupons are not allowed unless pre-approved by the Freedom Days Committee.
- No throwing of candy or handing of candy from parade vehicle. Candy may be handed out at curbside only.
- All performances must be done on the move. Brief “Stand Still” performance of (2) minutes only in front of the Review Stand.
- Please keep the pace moving and comply with Parade Marshal’s requests.
No children in strollers or small children walking will be permitted. All Children under the age of 12 should be riding.
- All Commercial and Political entries as determined by the Freedom Days Committee will pay a fee of $ 150.00.
Each commercial and political unit is allowed one (1) vehicle, and 12 walking members.
All political entries and Apple Valley City Council Members are responsible for providing their own vehicle.
- Application forms and fees must be returned by June 15, 2015. Above is a standard waiver form that must be signed and return.